Sakura-Con 2018 ended three days ago. Since then, I’ve been posting photos to my flickr account (most of them taken by my partner, @NattieDoes) and typing up notes from the panels I attended, as well as from the opening and closing ceremonies.
I also tweeted during the convention. You can find those here (and find me @salvatorespeak). I’m on Facebook, too. And for those of you wondering what else I’m up to, please check out my website: https://salvatorespeaks.com
To wet your appetite, here are some of the posts I have planned (in no particular order):
- Opening and Closing Ceremonies
- Chin Music Press Translation Panel (with Zack Davisson and Jay Rubin): a translation battle between the English translator of Mizuki Shigeru and the English translator of Murakami Haruki, respectively
- When Anime Sells Out: a hilarious panel on commercials (mostly Japanese) that use anime characters (or create their own)
- My Life as an Idol in Japan: Seishun Gakuen: Ally and Sally, two former members of Seishun Gakuen, talk about being part of that idol group and plans to launch a sister group, Seishun Youth Academy, in Canada
- CALIGULA World Premiere w/ Special Guests: a panel that featured the first episode of Caligula, based on the video game Caligula (known as The Caligula Effect in the States), which is an offshoot of the Persona series of games. And yes, it included special guests. 🙂
- Mana Q&A: a panel with the staff of Moi-même-Moitié and the legendary musician, composer, choreographer, fashion designer, and founder/co-founder of Moi dix Mois and Malice Mizer, respectively
Make sure you follow this blog so you can get all the updates..